‘Next James Bond auditionee’ breaks silence on 007 casting process | Films | Entertainment
Last year, an insider claimed that an up-and-coming actor named Scott Rose-Marsh had screen-tested for James Bond in June 2025, using slides from 1995’s GoldenEye. Then, in January 2026, Deadline published an article about a “bizarre hoax” surrounding such 007 rumours.
Today, Scott himself has finally broken his silence on the matter, claiming he’s been waiting for his NDA period to conclude. Having recently posted a snap of himself in James Bond’s signature black tie, the 38-year-old Wolves of War actor made his case.
He posted on his Instagram: “In January 2026, an article was published about me that did not accurately reflect my experience. At the time, I acknowledged it but chose not to engage with speculation. Now that the NDA relating to that period has ended, I am able to clarify a few facts.”
Scott continued: “In the summer of 2021, I auditioned for the role of James Bond as part of a wider franchise casting process. I was invited into that process, worked with official Bond casting material, and approached the opportunity professionally. The casting material referenced publicly in the January article was genuine material and part of the official process. It was not fabricated, and it was not provided by me or anyone representing me. I won’t be commenting further on speculation or revisiting the details of that process. My focus remains on the work ahead.”
It would seem strange that there was a Bond audition around 2021, the year when Daniel Craig’s No Time To Die hit cinemas after an 18 month COVID delay. Additionally, only just last month did Amazon MGM Studios announce the search for the new Bond actor had begun.
Nevertheless, 007 First Light video game star Patrick Gibson did say he was cast as the latest official Bond (in a motion-capture performance) five years ago, so perhaps it was an audition for that role?
It’s possible, but Scott did not respond to our request for further comment on the matter. However, a source close to Scott did exclusively tell us: “The current casting director for the next James Bond, Nina Gold, has previously called Scott for auditions and continues to regularly see him for roles in other upcoming film and TV projects.”
You may be interested
NFL storylines as preseason hits Week 2
new admin - Aug 22, 2026NFL storylines as preseason hits Week 2 - CBS News Watch CBS News Jacob Robinson, staff writer for the Athletic,…

Another child’s room now a silent memorial to the toll of school shootings
new admin - Aug 22, 2026In south Minneapolis, a second-floor bedroom remains much as it was. A boy's life — frozen in time.The room belonged…
Kindergarten vaccine exemptions hit record 4.2%, CDC says
new admin - Aug 21, 2026The CDC says the number of children exempted from vaccine requirements was up to 4.2%, an estimated 155,000 kids across…





























