Trump to attend his first White House correspondents’ dinner as president

March 3, 2026
3,365 Views



President Donald Trump said Monday that he will go to the White House correspondents’ dinner this year, the first time he’ll be in attendance while he was in office.

Although it’s customary for presidents to attend the dinner, Trump skipped the event each year during his first term, in addition to the first one in his second term.

“Because the Press was extraordinarily bad to me, FAKE NEWS ALL, right from the beginning of my First Term, I boycotted the event, and never went as Honoree. However, I look forward to being with everyone this year. Hopefully, it will be something very Special,” Trump said on Truth Social.

Trump has previously attended the dinner, but not as president. He attended the dinner during former President Barack Obama’s eight years in office and was the target of Obama’s jokes at the 2011 event.



Source link

You may be interested

DR Congo’s neighbors impose Covid-style measures in push to limit Ebola’s spread
World
shares2,919 views
World
shares2,919 views

DR Congo’s neighbors impose Covid-style measures in push to limit Ebola’s spread

new admin - May 24, 2026

Regional concern over the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo intensified Saturday as Uganda confirmed three new…

Penta retains WWE Intercontinental Championship with Mexican Destroyer at SNME
Sports
shares2,814 views
Sports
shares2,814 views

Penta retains WWE Intercontinental Championship with Mexican Destroyer at SNME

new admin - May 24, 2026

[ad_1] NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! Ethan Page was about a half-second away from pulling off an…

Almanac: May 24 – CBS News
Top Stories
shares3,270 views
Top Stories
shares3,270 views

Almanac: May 24 – CBS News

new admin - May 24, 2026

Almanac: May 24 - CBS News Watch CBS News "Sunday Morning" looks back at historical events on this date. Source…