Top counterterrorism official resigns over the Iran war, saying “Iran posed no imminent threat”

March 18, 2026
2,635 Views

Joe Kent, President Trump’s director of the National Counterterrorism Center, resigned on Tuesday citing the Iran war and saying, “Iran posed no imminent threat to our nation.” Kent, who was a controversial pick to lead the agency, is the first senior official to step down over the war and the first to resign during Mr. Trump’s second term.

Source link

You may be interested

A cake picnic worth cutting into
Top Stories
shares2,174 views
Top Stories
shares2,174 views

A cake picnic worth cutting into

new admin - May 24, 2026

For the last two years, thousands of dessert lovers have gathered at a Cake Picnic, hosted in cities around the…

On Trails is a wandering tale that blends hiking, science, and history
Technology
shares2,615 views
Technology
shares2,615 views

On Trails is a wandering tale that blends hiking, science, and history

new admin - May 24, 2026

Hiking is one of life’s great joys. Turning off the screens and stepping out into nature for an extended period…

Rubio says “significant progress” has been made in Iran talks, but not “final progress”
Top Stories
shares3,688 views
Top Stories
shares3,688 views

Rubio says “significant progress” has been made in Iran talks, but not “final progress”

new admin - May 24, 2026

Secretary of State Marco Rubio said Sunday that "significant progress" had been made in peace talks with Iran, but not…