Remedy CEO steps down following FBC: Firebreak’s disastrous launch
Tero Virtala, CEO of Control developer Remedy Entertainment, is stepping down from his position immediately. The news comes in the aftermath of a disappointing launch for FBC: Firebreak, the Finnish studio’s first foray into multiplayer gaming. Virtala will be replaced on an interim basis by Markus Mäki, Remedy’s chief product officer and one of the studio’s co-founders. The studios says it will “initiate a search process for a new CEO immediately.”
Part of the impetus behind Remedy’s shift to a multi-project studio — in addition to Firebreak, it’s also currently developing Control 2, remasters of Max Payne, and a mystery game — was to help it deal with potential flops like Firebreak, though Virtala told me ahead of the game’s launch that, even still, each release was still significant for the independent studio. “Every single game is highly important for us,” Virtala told The Verge. “There is no question that we are not fully insulated. But we are less dependent on any single game than we used to be.”
You may be interested

New York Times sues Pentagon a second time, calling press access policy “patently unconstitutional”
new admin - May 18, 2026The New York Times sued the Defense Department on Monday for the second time in five months, arguing a requirement…

American tests positive for Ebola as outbreak spreads in Africa
new admin - May 18, 2026IE 11 is not supported. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser.Now PlayingAmerican tests positive for Ebola…

Iran doubled executions in 2025 as global use of the death penalty hit 44-year high
new admin - May 18, 2026The use of the death penalty skyrocketed last year, with documented executions reaching a worldwide high not seen since 1981,…





























