Prince Andrew to give up Duke of York title and honors over Jeffrey Epstein developments

October 17, 2025
2,216 Views

Britain’s Prince Andrew will stop using his Duke of York title after facing fresh questions over his friendship with sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

Andrew, King Charles’s younger brother, said in a statement issued via Buckingham Palace that he would “no longer use my title or the honours which have been conferred upon me.”

The decision was taken “in discussion with The King, and my immediate and wider family,” he said, after concluding that “the continued accusations about me distract from the work of His Majesty and the Royal Family.

“As I have said previously, I vigorously deny the accusations against me,” Andrew said.

Andrew stepped back from public duties in 2019 and returned his military affiliations and later royal patronages in January 2022, after his lawyers failed to persuade a U.S. judge to dismiss a lawsuit accusing him of sexual abuse.

He later paid a substantial sum to the late Epstein abuse survivor Virginia Giuffre, who alleged that Andrew sexually abused her when she was 17. Andrew has repeatedly denied the allegation.

Source link

You may be interested

More girls playing youth hockey amid Team USA's success
Top Stories
shares3,385 views
Top Stories
shares3,385 views

More girls playing youth hockey amid Team USA's success

new admin - Feb 16, 2026

USA Hockey says girls' participation nationwide has surged 65% over the past 15 seasons, making it one of the fastest…

2/15/2026: Generally Recognized As Safe; Youngest Survivors
Top Stories
shares3,251 views
Top Stories
shares3,251 views

2/15/2026: Generally Recognized As Safe; Youngest Survivors

new admin - Feb 16, 2026

First, a report on how GRAS fuels the rise of ultraprocessed foods. Then, the miracle babies of the Mauthausen camp.…

Mikaela Shiffrin fails to make the podium in women’s giant slalom as Olympic drought continues
Top Stories
shares2,845 views
Top Stories
shares2,845 views

Mikaela Shiffrin fails to make the podium in women’s giant slalom as Olympic drought continues

new admin - Feb 16, 2026

Mikaela Shiffrin's Olympic drought continues after she missed the podium of the Milano Cortina Games women's giant slalom on Sunday,…