Next James Bond odds slashed on star gaining on odds-on favourite | Films | Entertainment

May 20, 2026
3,267 Views

Last week, Amazon MGM Studios released the statement fans had been waiting for. It read: “The search for the next James Bond is underway. While we don’t plan to comment on specific details during the casting process, we’re excited to share more news with 007 fans as soon as the time is right.”

This means secret auditions are taking place with casting director Nina Gold and presumably producers Amy Pascal and David Heyman, alongside director Denis Villeneuve and screenwriter Steven Knight. If Amazon have taken a leaf out of EON Productions’ book, Knight will have a script largely ready for a new Bond star to fit the mould of. Rumours have abounded that Aussie Oscar-nominee Jacob Elordi is the one to beat and now his odds have shortened.

The 28-year-old Wuthering Heights and Frankenstein star would be the tallest Bond ever at 6ft 5.

Now, according to Oddschecker spokesman Marc Gibbons: “Callum Turner remains the standout favourite to be the next James Bond and is now firmly odds-on at 8/11. However, the biggest betting movement in the last 24 hours has been around Jacob Elordi, whose odds have shortened from 6/1 into 4/1 after attracting significant interest from punters. Harris Dickinson also continues to hold strong support at 5/2, while Aaron Taylor-Johnson remains firmly in contention at 4/1.”

Source link

You may be interested

ICE and Iran worked together to deport Iranians to Iran, new emails reveal
Top Stories
shares3,376 views
Top Stories
shares3,376 views

ICE and Iran worked together to deport Iranians to Iran, new emails reveal

new admin - Aug 20, 2026

U.S. immigration officials and Iran quietly worked together to deport Iranians to Iran in late 2025 and early 2026, newly…

Riot is ending development on its League of Legends fighting game
Technology
shares3,621 views
Technology
shares3,621 views

Riot is ending development on its League of Legends fighting game

new admin - Aug 20, 2026

Riot Games is already winding down work on 2XKO, the free-to-play League of Legends fighting game, less than a year…

Coinbase CEO says CLARITY Act will protect crypto users from another FTX collapse
Top Stories
shares3,520 views
Top Stories
shares3,520 views

Coinbase CEO says CLARITY Act will protect crypto users from another FTX collapse

new admin - Aug 20, 2026

Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong is making the case for a new bipartisan cryptocurrency bill backed by President Trump, telling CBS…