iOS 26 leak co-defendant says Jon Prosser paid him $650

October 30, 2025
2,818 Views

Earlier this year, Apple sued leaker Jon Prosser alongside Michael Ramacciotti, alleging the two had a “coordinated scheme to break into an Apple development iPhone, steal Apple’s trade secrets, and profit from the theft.” However, in a new filing, Ramacciotti “denies that he planned or participated in any conspiracy or coordinated scheme” with Prosser” and that, to the best of his recollection, any payment he received from Prosser “was paid after the fact and was not agreed to in advance of the actions and communications.”

Apple’s lawsuit accused Ramacciotti of accessing the development iPhone of former Apple employee Ethan Lipnik after using location tracking to determine when Lipnik “would be gone for an extended period.” He then allegedly showed Prosser features of the yet-unreleased iOS 26 over a FaceTime call. But in his court filing, Ramacciotti “admits that he accessed Lipnik’s Apple Development iPhone and conducted a FaceTime call with Prosser, and Prosser asked Defendant to show certain iOS features,” though he “denies that he tracked Lipnik’s location.”

According to Ramaccioti’s filing, several weeks prior to that call, Lipnik had “sat down” with Ramacciotti and “swiped through” new iOS features on that iPhone. Ramacciotti “did not fully appreciate the sensitivity of the development version of iOS on the Development iPhone” because of Lipnik’s “willingness” to show the features to him.

The lawyers say that Prosser offered Ramacciotti $650 “at some point after the FaceTime call” and that Ramacciotti “did not initiate communications with Prosser based on any promise by Prosser that he would specifically pay” for the information. While Prosser did pay Ramacciotti the $650, Ramacciotti “wasn’t expecting any payment from Prosser.” Ramacciotti claims he didn’t know Prosser was taking a video of the call. He also “denies he remains in possession of any Apple trade secrets and denies having any additional recordings or other forms of Apple confidential information.”

Prosser and Apple didn’t immediately reply to a request for comment.

Prosser told The Verge last week that Prosser has been in “active communication” with Apple over the lawsuit, but a few days later, the company Apple said that Prosser “has not indicated” when he may respond to it. A clerk has entered a default against Prosser, meaning the case can move forward even though he hasn’t responded, and Apple intends to file for a default judgment against Prosser.

Source link

You may be interested

Meghan Markle’s ‘beautiful’ bag could make a comeback as she returns to Britain
Fashion
shares3,740 views
Fashion
shares3,740 views

Meghan Markle’s ‘beautiful’ bag could make a comeback as she returns to Britain

new admin - Aug 21, 2026

[ad_1] The Duchess of Sussex has long been a fan of Strathberry, and this timeless style is perfect for autumn.…

New York Times defamed ex-college basketball player Kai Spears, must pay him $9.25 million in damages, jury says
Top Stories
shares3,155 views
Top Stories
shares3,155 views

New York Times defamed ex-college basketball player Kai Spears, must pay him $9.25 million in damages, jury says

new admin - Aug 21, 2026

Tuscaloosa, Ala. —  An Alabama jury on Thursday awarded $9.25 million in damages after finding that The New York Times…

Clarks £55 trainers 'comfortable to walk in' now reduced to £5 in three colours
Lifestyle
shares3,988 views
Lifestyle
shares3,988 views

Clarks £55 trainers 'comfortable to walk in' now reduced to £5 in three colours

new admin - Aug 21, 2026

There's a way to get the £55 Clarks trainers for even less than the £20 sale price Source link