Gunman opens fire at Old Dominion University, injuring 2 people; suspect killed

March 12, 2026
3,803 Views


A shooter was killed after opening fire Thursday in a building on the campus of Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia, the university said. Two people were injured in the shooting.

The incident unfolded Thursday morning in Constant Hall, which is part of the College of Business at Old Dominion.

Old Dominion said in an alert that the shooter had been neutralized, without providing further details. The condition of the two wounded victims is not known.

A junior at the university told CBS affiliate WTKR-TV he was in class in the building when the shooting happened.

“We heard like faint screaming, and we just like looked back, we didn’t know what it was, and then we heard the screams getting louder, and then that’s when the alarm went off, and everyone just like ran out of the building,” the student told WTKR-TV.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said on X that it had agents on the scene.  

The university said classes had been suspended for the remainder of the day.  

The school said more information would be provided at 12:15 p.m. EDT.

This is a developing story and will be updated as more information becomes available.

Source link

You may be interested

A cake picnic worth cutting into
Top Stories
shares2,174 views
Top Stories
shares2,174 views

A cake picnic worth cutting into

new admin - May 24, 2026

For the last two years, thousands of dessert lovers have gathered at a Cake Picnic, hosted in cities around the…

On Trails is a wandering tale that blends hiking, science, and history
Technology
shares2,615 views
Technology
shares2,615 views

On Trails is a wandering tale that blends hiking, science, and history

new admin - May 24, 2026

Hiking is one of life’s great joys. Turning off the screens and stepping out into nature for an extended period…

Rubio says “significant progress” has been made in Iran talks, but not “final progress”
Top Stories
shares3,688 views
Top Stories
shares3,688 views

Rubio says “significant progress” has been made in Iran talks, but not “final progress”

new admin - May 24, 2026

Secretary of State Marco Rubio said Sunday that "significant progress" had been made in peace talks with Iran, but not…