Gabby Petito implored boyfriend who later killed her to stop calling her names, letter released by FBI shows

June 11, 2024
3,157 Views

Gabby Petito, the 22-year-old who was killed by fiancé Brian Laundrie in 2021, wrote a letter asking him to stop calling her names and telling him she would “always have (his) back,” according to recently released FBI documents. 

The letter is among over 300 pages of documents related to the investigation. The handwritten letter is not dated. 

In the letter, Petito referenced a fight between the couple and alluded to stressors that Laundrie had been experiencing.

“You know how much I love you, so (and I’m writing this with love) just please stop crying and stop calling me names because we’re a team and I’m here with you,” Petito wrote, in part. “I’m always going to have your back. … I just love you too much, like so much it hurts. So you in pain is killing me. I’m not trying to be negative but I’m frustrated there’s not more I can do.” 

screen-shot-2024-06-11-at-10-52-07-am.png
A letter from Gabby Petito to Brian Laundrie.

Federal Bureau of Investigation


Petito and Laundrie, both from Florida, were on a cross-country trip that she documented on social media when she was killed in 2021. Petito last posted on social media on August 25 and was reported missing by her parents on Sept. 11 after not hearing from her outside of a few strange text messages. On Sept. 15, Laundrie was named a person of interest in her disappearance. An arrest warrant was later issued. 

Petito’s remains were found in Wyoming on Sept. 19 and identified two days later. Her death was ruled a homicide via strangulation

It wasn’t until Oct. 20 that Laundrie’s remains were found by the FBI at a Florida reserve where they had been searching for him. The FBI also found personal items, including a notebook where he claimed responsibility for Petito’s death. The remains were identified the next day, and a month later, Laundrie’s attorney announced that he had died by suicide. 

brennan-5p-pkg-petito-l-wcbs6ygk-hi-res-still.jpg
Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie. 

CBS2


The Petito family and the Laundrie family engaged in a wrongful death lawsuit filed after authorities concluded that Laundrie had strangled Petito. Petito’s family also alleged that Laundrie’s family knew their daughter was dead weeks before her remains were found, and knew where her body was

The Petito family received a $3 million settlement that their attorney said would go to the Gabby Petito Foundation, which is dedicated to searching for missing people and curbing domestic violence

Source link

You may be interested

Who Tried to Steal the Estate?
Music
shares3,306 views
Music
shares3,306 views

Who Tried to Steal the Estate?

new admin - Jun 24, 2024

[ad_1] The history of pop music is littered with crazy yarns, and Elvis Presley and his wild life weren’t exempt.…

NHRA legend John Force was ‘conscious and talking’ after ‘catastrophic engine failure’ led to crash, team says
Sports
shares3,817 views
Sports
shares3,817 views

NHRA legend John Force was ‘conscious and talking’ after ‘catastrophic engine failure’ led to crash, team says

new admin - Jun 24, 2024

[ad_1] Join Fox News for access to this content Plus special access to select articles and other premium content with…

Gracie Abrams Takes Her Sad-Girl Pop to the Next Level
Music
shares2,710 views
Music
shares2,710 views

Gracie Abrams Takes Her Sad-Girl Pop to the Next Level

new admin - Jun 24, 2024

[ad_1] Over the last four years, Gracie Abrams has skyrocketed to the top of every sad girl summer playlist. Her…