Case Will Head to Trial

May 8, 2026
2,046 Views


Kelvin Evans, who pleaded not guilty to theft charges, is accused of lifting hard drives containing singer’s music and tour plans from a rental car in Atlanta last summer

Last summer, Kelvin Evans was arrested for allegedly stealing hard drives containing music and tour plans belonging to Beyoncé from a rental car in Atlanta. He pleaded not guilty to his charges, which include a felony charge of entering a motor vehicle with the intent to commit theft, as well as a misdemeanor charge of criminal trespassing. The case is scheduled to head to trial on Monday, May 11.

In July 2025, choreographer Christopher Grant and dancer Diandre Blue filed a police report after the trunk window was damaged on their rental car and two suitcases were missing. They were in Atlanta for the city’s stop on the Cowboy Carter tour. An arrest warrant was issued for a suspect about a week later, though Evans wasn’t arrested until August before being officially named the suspect in September. In October, he was released on a $20,000 bond.

In the police report, Grant told officers he had been carrying “personal sensitive information” for the musician Beyoncé. The hard drives for her Atlanta show, he said, were also taken. Some of the drives contained “water marked music, some un-released music, footage plans for the show, and past and future set list,” per the police report. 

At the time of Evans’ arrest, the Atlanta Police Department reported that “the stolen items have not been recovered at this time.”

Trending Stories

According to CBS News, Evans was offered a plea deal in April. The deal included five years in prison for felony charge of entering a motor vehicle with the intent to commit theft, during which could concurrently complete 12 months in connection to the misdemeanor charge of criminal trespassing. Evans turned down the plea offer. If convicted, he could serve up to six years in prison.



Source link

You may be interested

Navy’s acting secretary says $14 billion Taiwan arms sale put on “pause” over Iran war
Top Stories
shares3,863 views
Top Stories
shares3,863 views

Navy’s acting secretary says $14 billion Taiwan arms sale put on “pause” over Iran war

new admin - May 22, 2026

The acting secretary of the U.S. Navy said Thursday that arm sales to Taiwan had been put on "pause" to…

4 New Additions At The 2026 Wienie 500
Sports
shares3,443 views
Sports
shares3,443 views

4 New Additions At The 2026 Wienie 500

new admin - May 22, 2026

[ad_1] NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! It’s back! The Wienie 500 is returning to Indianapolis Motor Speedway on…

Jessie J Reveals She Is Cancer-Free: ‘I Sobbed for Hours’
Music
shares2,643 views
Music
shares2,643 views

Jessie J Reveals She Is Cancer-Free: ‘I Sobbed for Hours’

new admin - May 22, 2026

[ad_1] After a long and emotional health battle, Jessie J is now cancer-free. The singer announced the news alongside a…