D4vd Had ‘Significant Amount of Child Pornography,’ DA Says

April 23, 2026
2,498 Views


D4vd sat impassively in a Los Angeles courtroom Thursday as a prosecutor revealed his iCloud account, obtained by investigators, “contains a significant amount of child pornography.”

Despite the bombshell announcement, the platinum-selling singer, born David Anthony Burke, and his lawyers signaled they’re still pushing for an immediate preliminary hearing in his first-degree murder case. The judge then set a follow-up hearing for April 29 to go over evidence production. The first day of his preliminary hearing, a mini-trial that will review evidence in open court, was set for May 1.

“It’s been an informative hearing,” defense lawyer Marilyn Bednarski told the court that marked Burke’s second appearance before a judge. Burke’s other lawyer, Blair Berk, put a hand on his shoulder before Judge Charlaine Olmedo warned Burke not to miss the bus from jail for his next hearing, considering the clock is ticking on his right to get a preliminary hearing within 10 days of being charged.

Burke was arrested last week and charged Monday with murdering Celeste Rivas Hernandez, the 14-year-old California girl found dismembered and badly decomposed in the front trunk of his towed Tesla last September.

On Thursday, Deputy District Attorney Beth Silverman revealed that investigators got a wiretap as part of their probe, and that there were three grand juries “convened to investigate, not to indict, but to investigate” the case. She said they were held in November, December, and February.

On Wednesday, the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner released a long-awaited autopsy report concluding that Rivas died from “multiple penetrating injuries” to the upper abdomen. The 26-page report describes two stab wounds — one to the right abdomen that perforated the liver and another to the left chest that penetrated an intercostal space. “The cause of death is multiple penetrating injuries. The manner of death is classified as homicide,” it states, revealing that the cause of death was determined back on Dec. 9, 2025.

Toxicology testing found a low level of ethanol that did not appear to contribute to Rivas’ death and “presumptive” positives for benzodiazepines, methamphetamine and MDMA, which would require further confirmation.

The report was released after law enforcement obtained a prior court order blocking its disclosure, a move the medical examiner’s office opposed, saying it hindered transparency. “After several months, I am grateful this information can now be released,” the chief medical examiner, Dr. Odey Ukpo, said in a statement. “It is unfathomable [Rivas’ parents] have had to wait this long to learn what happened to their daughter.”

The findings adds detail to the condition of Rivas’s remains. The report notes her limbs were “dismembered into several fragments,” her head was “partially skeletonized” with a missing eye, and soft tissue showed signs of “liquefication.” She could not be fingerprinted “due to waterlogged fingers.”

Rivas’s body was discovered seven months ago in two black bags hidden in the front trunk of the Tesla after it was towed from an upscale section of the Hollywood Hills. Authorities said little about the investigation during that time.

Burke has been charged with one count of first-degree murder with special circumstances, including lying in wait and financial gain, as well as separate counts involving sexual acts with a minor and mutilation of human remains. He pleaded not guilty at his arraignment. Prosecutors say Rivas was last seen entering Burke’s Hollywood Hills home on April 23, 2025, and was not heard from again. They contend she was killed that day and that her body was mutilated on or about May 5.

Trending Stories

The autopsy report also outlines evidence collection, noting that investigators swabbed the handles and zippers of the bags holding her remains and recovered “small blue plastic pieces” at the cut sites on her arms and legs.

Burke’s lawyers said in a statement that their client “did not murder Celeste Rivas Hernandez, and he was not the cause of her death.”



Source link

You may be interested

Rubio says “significant progress” has been made in Iran talks, but not “final progress”
Top Stories
shares3,685 views
Top Stories
shares3,685 views

Rubio says “significant progress” has been made in Iran talks, but not “final progress”

new admin - May 24, 2026

Secretary of State Marco Rubio said Sunday that "significant progress" had been made in peace talks with Iran, but not…

Apple’s latest MacBook Air is $200 off in both sizes for Memorial Day
Technology
shares3,059 views
Technology
shares3,059 views

Apple’s latest MacBook Air is $200 off in both sizes for Memorial Day

new admin - May 24, 2026

If you’re looking for a laptop that’ll still perform well several years from now, Apple’s latest MacBook Air is hard…

Transcript: Lt. Col. William Swenson (Ret.) and Master Sgt. Matthew Williams (Ret.) on “Face the Nation with Margaret Brennan,” May 24, 2026
Top Stories
shares3,359 views
Top Stories
shares3,359 views

Transcript: Lt. Col. William Swenson (Ret.) and Master Sgt. Matthew Williams (Ret.) on “Face the Nation with Margaret Brennan,” May 24, 2026

new admin - May 24, 2026

The following is the transcript of the interview with retired Lt. Col. William Swenson and retired Master Sgt. Matthew Williams…