Prince Andrew to give up Duke of York title and honors over Jeffrey Epstein developments

Britain’s Prince Andrew will stop using his Duke of York title after facing fresh questions over his friendship with sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
Andrew, King Charles’s younger brother, said in a statement issued via Buckingham Palace that he would “no longer use my title or the honours which have been conferred upon me.”
The decision was taken “in discussion with The King, and my immediate and wider family,” he said, after concluding that “the continued accusations about me distract from the work of His Majesty and the Royal Family.
“As I have said previously, I vigorously deny the accusations against me,” Andrew said.
Andrew stepped back from public duties in 2019 and returned his military affiliations and later royal patronages in January 2022, after his lawyers failed to persuade a U.S. judge to dismiss a lawsuit accusing him of sexual abuse.
He later paid a substantial sum to the late Epstein abuse survivor Virginia Giuffre, who alleged that Andrew sexually abused her when she was 17. Andrew has repeatedly denied the allegation.
You may be interested
Epstein files causing wide-ranging international fallout
new admin - Feb 16, 2026Epstein files causing wide-ranging international fallout - CBS News Watch CBS News Revelations from the latest release of Epstein files…
Airplane sexual assaults on rise, likely underreported, CBS News finds
new admin - Feb 16, 2026Authorities are monitoring a threat in the skies: sexual assaults on airplanes. There's fear the crime is underreported. Scott MacFarlane…

CBS News Things That Matter: A Town Hall with Governor Wes Moore
new admin - Feb 16, 2026Maryland Governor Wes Moore, a rising star in the Democratic Party, sits down with CBS News senior correspondent Norah O’Donnell…



























